Wednesday 21 March 2018

Superdrug Skincare


So, who says that cheap skincare is not great? Superdrug own-brand skincare is super cheap and SO good! They have loads of different skincare ranges so there are products for every skin-type and an almost overwhelming amount of choice! I have a few products from the Calm Skin, Vitamin E and Naturally Radiant ranges and none have disappointed! I'm organising this post by range because they vary in skin-type and aim between the ranges.

Calm Skin

The Calm Skin range is a fairly new (I think) addition to the Superdrug skincare family and I was super excited to find it in my local shop. This range aims to soothe the skin and get rid of the visible signs of stress on the skin. I have only picked up a couple items from this range but I am thoroughly impressed and want to pick up more!


Calm Skin Soothing Facial Wash

This facial wash is only £2.99 and it's amazing, plus you get a good amount for your money! The cleanser is quite thick and lathers onto the face nicely. After removing it with a washcloth my skin feels so soft and clean and I love it!


Calm Skin Balancing Facial Oil

This facial oil is lovely! I was super hesitant to use an oil on my face, thinking that it'll tip the scales on my combination skin and turn me into a permanent oil slick. However, it settles into the skin wonderfully and definitely helps to balance my complexion and banish red patches on my face! Plus, it's only £2.99 too!


Vitamin E

The Vitamin E range is marketed as rich in antioxidants and is supposed to protect the skin from pollution and environmental damage. As a girl with sensitive skin who lives in the city, preventing pollution from messing with my skin is super important to me, which is why I was keen to give this range a go!

Vitamin E Refreshing Toning Mist

This was the first product I picked up from the Vitamin E range, looking for an alternative to the Mario Badescu spray. Lo-and-behold, this stuff is lovely!! It smells delightful (reminds me a bit of sunscreen) and sinks into the skin wonderfully! It's £2.99 and, in my opinion, is as good as facial sprays which are more than double the price!



Another item from this range that I picked up was the exfoliating facial scrub. Superdrug had a 3 for 2 offer and this was the freebie that I had picked up, but it's usually £2.99. This stuff is wonderful! I love an exfoliator with a lot of bead in it and this is packed full of little oatmeal beads. It feels abrasive without being harsh and that's exactly what I look for in an exfoliator, and I actually prefer this one to some of the more high-end skincare products I've used!



This stuff is magical for removing stubborn makeup! You just shake it up, pop a bit on a cotton pad and wipe off your makeup. It's wonderful and, like the rest of the range, it smells wonderful! Like the other products, this is only £2.99 which is insane for how good the quality of the product is! Even stubborn eye makeup comes straight off!


Naturally Radiant

This range was the first one I tried out of the three mentioned in this post! The prices in this range are a bit higher than the others but more often than not, Superdrug have some great offers on them! For example, I always stuck up if they're lower than half price! These products are supposed to even out skin tone and revive the skin's radiance!



This is the first hot cloth cleanser I have ever tried and I love it! It's got a lovely thick consistency and feels luxurious to apply! Once removed with a cloth, this leaves my skin feeling so smooth and soft! This was my go-to cleanser for a long time in my first year of uni and I picked it up again the other week when it was on offer and I was reminded of why I loved it so much! It's a reasonable £5.99 but, as I have already said, is often on offer for way cheaper!



This is by far my favourite product on this list and I have been using it for over a year now! It's a lovely serum which sinks into the skin super easily, making it perfect for use during the day. It's £5.99 when not discounted and it is worth every penny! Every time I use it, my skin feels incredibly smooth and like i've just had a really good facial. It also smells delightful which is a massive bonus!


Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream

I always struggle to find a good budget eye cream but I think I have finally found one! This eye cream is lovely to apply and sinks into the skin wonderfully! I love how brightening it is (mostly because I have the biggest eye bags known to man) and that Naturally Radiant product scent! It's £5.99 when it's not on offer, which is way cheaper than most eye creams I have seen out there!



Have you tried any of these products? What did you think and what would you recommend? x

4 comments:

  1. You’ve really sold me to try even more of these! They’re so affordable but contain a lot of chemicals so it puts me off ☹️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I try to stay clear of lots of ingredients but I am also often on a strict budget so I find it pretty difficult! These are very good products for the pricepoint though! x

      Delete
  2. I love this blog!! The flash up the top is awesome!! anti cellulite oil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply no Baloney and also well crafted, I appreciate for the post numbing spray for cuts

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me @jessistryingblog