Thursday 11 October 2018

What's On My October Playlists? // Blogtober


Photo by Melanie Pongratz on Unsplash

It's been a hot minute since I last spoke about music on this blog so I figured I would share some of my favourite playlists at the moment! These are the songs which I've had on loop for the past few weeks and which I tend to listen to at this time of year. I hope that you can pick out some new faves and I would love it if you shared what music you have been listening to lately! I am always on the lookout for a new favourite song!

Hydref

My main autumn playlist! This one is full of all those songs that make me feel good as the nights draw in early and the mornings are dark. I tend to sing along to these songs in the shower first thing in the morning and keep them playing as I get ready to start my day off.


  • You're Right by Morning Bear
  • Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac
  • Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
  • Witchy Woman by Eagles
  • House of the Rising Sun by Lauren O'Connell
  • Spellbound by Siouxie and the Banshees
  • Lavender Moon by Haroula Rose
  • Born To Die by Lana Del Rey
  • Ruins by First Aid Kit
  • Kind of Woman by Stevie Nicks
  • Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac
  • Which Witch by Florence + The Machine
  • Me And The Devil by Soap&Skin
  • We're Alive! by Keith Johns
  • 1000 by Brother
  • Sisters of the Moon by Fleetwood Mac
  • Dark Secret by Matthew Sweet
  • People Are Strange by The Doors
  • Lullaby by The Cure
  • I See Fire by Ed Sheeran
  • Cedar Lane by First Aid Kit
  • Marz by John Grant


Orange Coloured Sky

I'm on an old-timey jazzy kick at the moment! It gives me calm and almost-Christmas vibes. Plus, all these songs are so fun to sing along to and I am sure I have been irritating my flatmate with my wailing along to this playlist! This is, in fact, probably the playlist I have been listening to the most this month!


  • Orange Coloured Sky by Nat King Cole
  • We'll Meet Again by The Ink Spots
  • Someone To Watch Over Me by Ella Fitzgerald
  • Dream A Little Dream of Me by Doris Day
  • Way Back Home by Bob Crosby & The Bob Cats
  • Maybe by The Ink Spots
  • Blue Moon by Frank Sinatra
  • Love Me As Though There Were No Tomorrow by Nat King Cole
  • Come Fly With Me by Frank Sinatra
  • A Kiss To Build A Dream On by Louis Armstrong
  • Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall by Ella Fitzgerald & The Ink Spots
  • La vie en rose by Louis Armstrong
  • I've Got You Under My Skin by Frank Sinatra
  • Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
  • Cheek To Cheek by Ella Fitzgerald
  • Crazy He Calls Me by Billie Holiday
  • Bidin' My Time by Julie London


Spook

This is the Halloween playlist I listen to every October! It's full of songs from films I watch every October and generally songs with a spooky theme! I dig this playlist out all year round but it just feels right listening to it in October!


  • People Are Strange by The Doors
  • Lullaby by The Cure
  • Bang Bang - My Baby Shot Me Down by Nancy Sinatra
  • Red Right Hand by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
  • Cry Little Sister by G Tom Mac
  • It Will Come Back by Hozier
  • Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones
  • Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • I Put A Spell On You by Screamin' Jay Hawkins
  • The Boogie Monster by Gnarls Barkley
  • (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
  • Over At The Frankenstein Place from The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Black Magic Woman by Fleetwood Mac
  • Superstition by Stevie Wonder
  • (Ghost) Riders In The Sky by Johnny Cash
  • I Never Told You What I Do For A Living by My Chemical Romance
  • Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne
  • The Killing Moon by Echo & the Bunnymen
  • Thriller by Michael Jackson
  • This Is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) by Marilyn Manson

What have you been listening to this month?x

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the idea of sharing playlists!! I've been listening to a lot of jazz recently too, it's my absolute favourite soundtrack for reading at the moment.

    Megan | https://pixieskiesblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me @jessistryingblog