Thursday 14 December 2017

Recent Purchases and My Opinions

I have been going a bit mad recently and I have picked up a number of Christmas presents for myself. Just a few bits and pieces that I have been meaning to try for a while. Here is what I have picked up and what my opinions are. This is mostly books and beauty, as this seems to be what I treat myself to most!


Lush Sleepy Lotion

I finally did it! I got Sleepy from Lush and oh my goodness I am in love! Twilight Bath Bomb has been a firm favourite of mine for years and I wish I could just keep the scent with me in one form or another all the time! Lavender is my favourite scent and sends me straight to sleep at night! Every night I put this lotion on my arms and jump into bed. I cannot stress how incredible this stuff smells!



The consistency of this lotion is so wonderful and it sinks into the skin so wonderfully. I am hooked!!!

Primark £8 Perfume??

Yes, perfume from Primark. I was sceptical and cautious buying this but I needed a perfume and had very little money in my bank account. I bought the Mandarin & Basil fragrance and it smells heavenly! The perfume range that this belongs to is supposed to be filled with dupes for Jo Malone fragrances and is such good value for money!


The bottle for this perfume is so simplistic and lovely looking and the scent is so nice! It stays fairly well considering its price point! 

Scrunchies

I know, I'm super late to the party but I kind of love scrunchies! I bought this three pack from Primark on a whim and I have worn them non-stop since then. I find them way more comfortable than normal hair ties and I feel that they damage my hair way less. Considering how busy I have been lately and how much I've been tying my hair back to do work, these have been a lifesaver!


1995 lipstick - Urban Decay

In the words of my best friend, 'this is a Jessica shade'. I am completely stuck on brown lipstick shades and I probably own every variety of this lipstick colour. That being said, this is the PERFECT Jess shade. It is dark and dramatic without washing me out, which is great because I am so pale. Its staying power is the stuff of dreams and I rarely have to reapply it through the day. I would love to pick up a few more of these lipsticks and I am already eyeing up a few shades!



ELF 'Tea Rose' Matte Lip Colour 

This is wonderful! The brown-nude colour is so wonderful and flattering and it has a wonderful finish! The pencil style packaging allows such easy application and easy touch-ups too. I can't wait to have more chance to wear this as I have been so lazy with my makeup lately due to crippling deadlines!



NYX 'Intuition' blush

Technically, this isn't a new purchase. But it is a repurchase so it totally counts! I was so upset when my NYX 'Intuition' blush broke in my makeup back and I had to immediately go to Boots and buy another as this is the only blush I ever use.



This blush is the most beautiful colour and it has the perfect amount of shimmer in it without being over the top. It works wonderfully to add a subtle flush of colour to my cheeks and I don't see any other blush beating this for me!

Micellar cleansing pads - Primark

Primark has stepped up their beauty game recently! These cleansing pads are so great for a lazy busy gal like myself! I grab these instead of my usual cleanser when it's been a particularly long day and I just want to quickly wipe over my face and go straight to bed. They don't have a strong scent which is great and there's plenty of pads in the pot to last for ages! At £2 they are also a bit of a bargain!


How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are - Sophie Mas, Audrey Diwan, Caroline De Maigret, Anne Berest

This book is hilarious! It is a witty and charming book about habits, styles and quirks of women and it was an absolute joy to read! It's so well written and beautifully presented, with wonderful photography and structure. I chuckled out loud so many times while reading this book, I enjoyed it so much!




Primark hat

Yes, I'm putting a hat on this list. But, to be fair, I have been wearing it CONSTANTLY. It's a simple grey chunky knitted hat from Primark but it is so cosy and warm and it has been my saviour lately! I walk quite a long way to uni every day first thing in the morning when everything is iced over. All I had was some not-so-cosy beanie hats so I finally picked up a cosy knitted hat. This is so big and cute and I love it so much! There are many colours available but I got the simple grey hat so I can wear it with whatever.


8 comments:

  1. You've purchased a lot of great things by the looks of it. I really want to try the Lush sleepy lotion, I've heard great things about it and if it helps me relax at night before bed then hooray. I also love the look of the book How to be Parisian, I enjoy reading now and again so I might give this a go over the Christmas holidays.

    Holly x
    adailydoseofholly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would definitely recommend sleepy! The scent relaxes me so so much! x

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the Urban Decay lipstick, I have one of those in a shiny red shade which I love, I really want that one too now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful colour! That being said, I should really start wearing red lipstick again! Such a lovely look! x

      Delete
  3. I am IN LOVE with the look of the perfume and scrunchies from Primark; I have a polka dot scrunchie which I live in... they just make a hairstyle look so good!
    I also have the lavender sleepy body lotion, I also love the smell... I recommend keeping a lavender bah underneath your pillow!

    Lauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, lovely! Lavender is my favourite scent, it is honestly so lovely and relaxing! <3

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about getting the lush sleeping cream and i might just have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! Would definitely recommend! <3

      Delete

Follow Me @jessistryingblog