Friday 1 December 2017

Jumping into the Holidays // Blogmas

Happy December!!

That's right, it's officially the festive month and it's time for me to share with you how I get into the Christmas spirit!

Decorating my uni room

In November, I pick up little pieces of Christmas decor and hoard them until the end of the month, when I christmasify my room! This year i've kept it quite simple and put up a few hanging decorations and tinsel, most of which are from Poundland. ASDA also have a super nice collection and I will make a separate post about my Christmas room decor!



Day trips

Christmas lights and markets are my favourite thing about this month! I also enjoy going out in the cold and wrapping up super warm and cosy! Just because it's cold outside doesn't mean you have to stay inside! Just wrap up warm and get exploring!


Music

So, a confession. I listen to Christmas music from halfway through October. It gets me through the year! However, once December lands it's all I listen to! Here are a few faves:
Films

I am a massive fan of Christmas films! In fact, I tend to watch them a load from October onwards. I always start with Home Alone and The Grinch, my childhood favourites. As soon as December hits, it's all about Love Actually, Miracle on 34th Street, and Elf though! TV specials are also a favourite! I'm a big fan of the Christmas specials from The Royle Family, Gavin & Stacey and Doctor Who!

Food

In my opinion, December is a time for warm and hearty meals. I tend to make a lot of soups, stews and curries in this month (although I do still get lazy and opt for takeaway sometimes). I tend to use BBC Good Food for a lot of my recipes, they have a massive range! I also drink a lot of hot chocolate at home and a lot of Christmas coffees when out and about. On my birthday, I tend to receive a Costa gift-card, which I use to try out the whole holiday range!

Clothing and beauty

Tis the season for massive winter coats and oversized jumpers. I walk everywhere because I don't drive so wrapping up super warm is so essential for me! In this part of the year, I tend to live in jeans and jumpers. Keeping my neck warm is also a massive priority for me so I wear a thick scarf or snood at all times! When in December, I transition into Christmas jumpers finally! Unfortunately, my favourite Star Wars jumper is at my parents' home so I just have my Grinch sweater at the moment. But I am so hyped to wear it out of the comfort of my own home!


Happy December loves! <3



2 comments:

Follow Me @jessistryingblog