Saturday 30 December 2017

My 2018 Goals (and Blogging Schedule)

Here we are! My obligatory 2018 goals post! I cannot believe how fast 2017 flew by, it's pretty terrifying! This New Years Day is a Monday, it's the start of a week, month and year so what better time to set some goals and make some changes??


Mental Health

Yep, I'm starting with a big one! Over the past year, I have had a bit of a journey with my mental health! I attended counselling for the first time about a year ago, attended therapy groups, started medication and figured a lot out about my mental state. It's been a rollercoaster of a year but I have been slowly improving my mental health and in 2018 I want to make even more of an effort in trying to improve my wellbeing! I want to work a lot on my self-esteem issues and on forming some really good healthy habits! Plus, my mental health has had a massive impact on my productivity so i'm aiming to get back into a productive mindset this year!

Money

I am the worst with money! Well, not the worst, but I could be way better! The thing is, I spend it all on coffee and food which I totally count as essentials but I should still probably reign it in a bit! I'm going to start jotting down my weekly spends and start setting some budget and saving plans in place! I should really get some savings together instead of freaking out about money at every surprise expense! I am hoping that by the end of 2018 I will have a really good amount of savings together to act as a buffer if some sort of financial blow comes up.

Productivity

I keep on saying that I will not leave my assignments and studying until the last minute, but if some of my diary posts tell you anything, it's that I am a master procrastinator and I need to STOP! Not only do I want to be more productive in terms of my degree, I want to use my time meaningfully. I want to make big steps towards my future career and actually figure out what the hell I want to do for the rest of my life! I want to read more, make more time for mindfulness, write more, blog more and work more!

Adulting

In my first year of university, I became very good at meal planning, home-cooking meals, exercising and taking care of my skin. So far in second year, I have become the worst at all of these things! I live off of meal deals, don't drink any water, and the only exercise I get is my walks to and from university! I want to get my shit together and, as I said in the productivity section, I want to spend my time more meaningfully!

Blogging Schedule

Yes, I'm finally setting up a schedule for my blog! From now onwards I will be posting three times a week. On Mondays, I will be putting up my 'Pull Yourself Together' posts for the previous week. On Wednesday and Friday, I will be posting various content, which will include more fashion, beauty and lifestyle. I will be posting way more about mental health in the new year as this is something very close to my heart and something I feel I have a lot to say about! I feel so much more empowered than I used to and I intend to help others feel the same way, as it's been such a positive change in my life!

I'm super curious to hear what your goals are for the new year! You can find me on social media or just comment below and i'll be sure to reply as quick as possible!



2 comments:

  1. I love these goals! Taking care of ourselves is always important and necessary if we want to achieve our goals, so I’m sending you all the good vibes for 2018! Blogging is such a therapeutic, creative outlet so setting a schedule will be the best thing you can do for your blog! Great goals!! Cheers to a new year & killing it! 🖤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! Have a lovely new year! Wishing you all the best! <3

      Delete

Follow Me @jessistryingblog