Thursday 28 December 2017

The Liebster Award


I have been nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Lorna, and I am super excited to write this post and answer her questions! Thank you so much, Lorna! The Liebster award is out there to promote new blogs (like mine) to make sure that everyone on here gets their voice heard. It's a lovely award to see as it shows how welcoming the blogging community is!

As a part of being nominated for this, I have been sent 11 questions from Lorna and I have to post 11 more questions for whoever I am nominating!

The questions:

What is something you have achieved in 2017?
  • I think my biggest achievement this year was either all the volunteering I took part in or all the work I've done to better my mental health. I have been so busy this semester but it has been so worth it since I have been able to help the freshers to settle, mentor first years, and help to facilitate group therapies with the counselling service. I also have a few things that I am working on with a mental health charity which are really exciting! My mental health has been tumultuous this year but I am making so much progress with my recovery and I'm really proud of myself for seeking help.
Are you a tea, coffee, hot chocolate drinker? Or do you not like hot drinks at all?
  • Coffee, coffee, coffee! As much as I love hot chocolate, I am an absolute caffeine fiend! Whilst writing this I am sipping on the most wonderful cappuccino! 
If you could go back to being a certain age, what would it be and why?
  • Probably to when I was halfway through primary school. My brother was a baby and we moved to Wales for the first time and I remember that everything was so new and exciting!
What are your top 3 Christmas songs?
  • So this is a hard question to answer because I love Christmas songs so much! This changes all the time but at the moment it is Dodie's cover of Baby It's Cold Outside, White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes, and Stop The Cavalry by Jona Lewie.
How do you feel about Marmite? 
  • Disgusting! An abomination. Nah, I've never really tried it because it terrifies me.
If you were given a plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
  • I would love to travel! I haven't been abroad in over a decade so I am desperate to go anywhere at all. However, I have a massive yearning to visit Lake Garda or Prague the most!
What are your top 3 Christmas movies?
  • Oh, this is easy! Love Actually, Miracle on 34th Street and The Grinch! (Honourable mention to Nativity though, that's a good one)!
Have you ever felt like giving up blogging?
  • I did give up blogging when I was a teen. I used to run a little beauty blog and I worked so hard on it but I was so anxious about the kids in my high school finding it and using it as more ammo for insults. I ended up deleting it and I have regretted it ever since! However, I don't think I would ever give up on this blog! I have a few posts drafted where I am talking about things I really truly care about and I love having a platform to speak out on!
What is one thing that excites you about the new year?
  • An opportunity to make changes! I am so ready to make 2018 my year! I want to continue working on myself to the extent in which I have in the past few months!
What is your must-have Christmas food or snack?
  • Festive bakewells, 100%! As soon as they arrive in stores they become my main food source! I dread to think how many I have eaten so far this year!
What is one thing you are grateful for?
  • This blog! Honestly, it sounds really cheesy but I find writing my blog posts so therapeutic and I have fallen back in love with writing for the first time in so long! I am so thankful for this platform!

Thank you so much again to Lorna for the nomination! My questions for my nominees are:
  1. What is your biggest passion in life?
  2. Who do you look up to the most?
  3. What is your biggest goal for 2018?
  4. What is your biggest achievement in your life so far?
  5. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, which album would you choose?
  6. Do you have a post on your blog which you are the proudest of?
  7. What was your favourite thing about 2017?
  8. What is one fact about yourself which will surprise your readers?
  9. What is your life motto?
  10. Are you a night owl or morning person?
  11. Who makes you laugh the most?

My nominee is Angela from Sincerely Angiejj. I've watched her blog grow recently and believe it is so deserved! Definitely check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I am also so grateful for my blog! Loving reading your answers! Thanks for nominating me <3 I'll answer your questions asap! :)
    x Angela / sincerelyangeijj.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me @jessistryingblog