Tuesday 9 January 2018

The Body Shop Red Musk Perfume Oil // A Review

Before work one Saturday morning, I popped into The Body Shop in the centre of Manchester to scope out the remainder of their sales! I stumbled upon this little £5 gem and my curiosity got the better of me! I had to try it! It's the Red Musk Perfume Oil! I immediately wanted to know what perfume oil is and how it could be any better than regular perfume. Apparently, perfume oil is a longer-lasting and more concentrated perfume. Also, I have to rave about the fact that the Body Shop use manmade cruelty-free musk in their fragrances!


On the Body Shop website, the scent is described as "an intense drop of spiced musk with hot notes of cinnamon and tobacco". This is definitely accurate, it is a gorgeous deep musky scent which feels very sophisticated and grown up. It is not a traditionally feminine scent, but it doesn't quite come across as masculine at the same time. The bottle is a small red glass bottle with a screw-on lid. Within the lid is a small glass rod which picks up the oil for easy and mess-free application. It is a wonderful-looking little bottle and I also love the little red box that it comes in!


In terms of lasting power, this stuff really does stay on all day! I dab a few drops on my pulse points and neck (a little goes a long way) and I can still smell it hours later! I am obsessed with this stuff and considering buying more while it's still available and in the sales! Even thinking about buying the big eau de toilette just because the scent is so so good! 


Have you tried this scent? Do you know of any similar perfumes as I am beginning to think that this is how I want to smell all the time for the rest of my days? Thank you so much for reading! xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me @jessistryingblog