Monday 6 November 2017

Primark £1 Nails // A Review


I'm normally the girl with short, cracked and badly painted nails, something I am pretty fed up of. I'm a busy student who works all weekend and doesn't really have the time or patience to spend much time on fixing my nails. As a quick fix, I decided to give false nails a go and wanted to start as cheap as possible.

Primark has a massive selection of nails in all different shapes, colours and finishes. I was in Primark on Monday afternoon and figured I would grab a pack and I settled on the 'Squareletto Matte' nails in the colour 'Antique Stone'. The pack comes with 24 nails and a small tube of adhesive and the colour is a beautiful beige nude.


The 'Squareletto' nails are a lovely shape but super super long and as someone who is used to having pretty much no nails at all, it takes some getting used to. However, it's not an issue most of the time. The adhesive that comes with these nails has really surprised me the most! It is actually really good and is pretty strong! I'm impressed! The nails were really easy and quick to apply and the glue set very quickly. Once set, these nails do not budge and I have only had to re-glue a nail once since putting them on yesterday! (update: I kept these on for 5 days before soaking them off, but they could have easily stayed on for longer)

I am steadily becoming obsessed with this range of nails and have already gone back to Primark for more! I have found that the almond-shaped nails are best for me due to the fact that i'm not used to very long nails and also because I work in retail on a shop floor so I am constantly opening boxes and putting out stock and I can see very long nails getting in the way of that for me. These are the 'Almond' nails in 'Shameless':


These nails are significantly shorter than the 'squareletto' nails and are a wonderful plum colour. I am in love with these nails! They survived a weekend at work so I am more than impressed! I will definitely be buying more nails in this shape as they are super wearable and I love that they are pointed subtly, a shape that I have never had on my nails before! Since wearing both sets of nails I have received loads of compliments and people can't believe that I only paid £1 for these! I would totally recommend Primark nails for anyone starting out with false nails and whoever wants to get great nails for a super low price!


2 comments:

  1. I personally love these nails for night out or special occasions. I do find most of them need a lot of filing as they tend to be long like you said but if someone doesn't mind that, they are such a bargain! And the styles are gorgeous!! Great review.x

    Karolina
    www.astrallane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me @jessistryingblog