Monday 19 March 2018

Quick Reads // Bookish


Finally! I am writing another bookish post and it feels so good! I wanted to write a list of quick reads for those of you who want to get back into reading but don't have enough time to read a full-on novel! I have found it hard to find the time to get a good amount of reading in in-between work, uni and peer support so these have been great to just throw in my bag and read whenever I have a free moment (mostly on public transport)! I hope you enjoy this list and I would love to hear what your favourite quick reads are!

We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

The quickest read on this list is this powerful feminist essay! The book is tiny, so it's perfect to slip in your bag to read whenever you have the time. The best thing about this essay is that it really packs a punch! Adichie draws on her own personal experiences to really put her points about why we need feminism across and it's amazing to read! I have been passing this book round to everyone I know and they have all loved it!

You can get We Should All Be Feminists from Amazon UK here and Amazon US here.


Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto

Kitchen is another tiny book, perfect to slip into your bag and take out with you. This small book contains two beautiful short stories and is so worth a read. I have mentioned this book on my blog before in THIS bookish post but I wanted to mention it again because it is such an incredible and moving book! Both of the moving short stories are centred around loss and are well worth a read!

You can get Kitchen from Amazon UK here and Amazon US here.

Nasty Women

Nasty Women describes itself as "a collection of essays and accounts on what it is to be a woman in the 21st century" and it certainly is this! Not only is it a great collection of essays, but it's also a fantastically flexible read! You can sit down and devour the whole thing in order if you have the time, or you could check the contents page and pick out the essays that grab your interest! These essays are fantastic and there's a good variety in this book to interest anyone!

You can get Nasty Women from Amazon UK here and Amazon US here.


Little Black Book

I've put up a full review of this on my blog HERE but, again, I wanted to stress how good this little gem is as a pocket-sized dollop of inspiration. Little Black Book is such a small and well-structured guide to the working world, making it extremely easy and enjoyable to read! It carries no-nonsense in its pages and lends so much advice which I personally have found super helpful for blogging!

You can get Little Black Book from Amazon UK here and Amazon US here.

Poetry

Poetry books are great for quick reads! You can read them from start-to-finish, or just flick through and pick out a few poems to read! There are lots of small or slim poetry books too which can be easy just to chuck in a bag and carry around with you for whenever you have the time to read! These are a few of my favourite poetry books and their Amazon UK links!



Magazines + blogs

Articles are great when you want to have a good quick read! For blogs, I would recommend using Bloglovin' to find posts related to your topics of interest. You never know, could find your next favourite blog! Magazines are also a great way to give yourself something quick to read! My favourite at the moment is still Womankind Magazine but if you go to your local WH Smith or newsagents, you can find a magazine for pretty much any interest or topic you want to read about! I love a good issue of National Geographic too!


Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found something new! What are your favourite quick reads? x

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog! Love the disign <3

    Check out my blog!!
    http://bernadeta200.blogspot.lt/2018/03/new-old-healthy-habits.html

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me @jessistryingblog