Wednesday 7 February 2018

Things I Loved in January 2018


Hello! January has finally come to a close! After what feels like the longest month in the history of the universe, it's time to write another favourites post! It has been a very stressful month and these favourites have helped me to pull through and have pretty much kept me going! I hope that you enjoy this list and I would love to know what your faves were this month!

The beauty products...

I'll mention my beauty faves first since this month has brought me a new skincare routine, some pretty new eyeshadows and some new faves!

I have been lusting after the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette* for so long, since it came out really! I have been umm-ing and ahh-ing for years and I finally own it! This has been my go-to palette all month and I am so glad that I finally snapped it up when it was on sale! I adore all the colours in this palette and the eyeshadows are such great quality! Possibly even my favourite palette of all time!


Another item I finally got to try this month was The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane*. This is a concentrated moisturising product and it is super easy to use! I apply a few drops every night before bed and after cleansing and I have noticed a change in my skin's texture almost immediately! My face feels smoother and more hydrated, which is super nice! A little goes a long way and this product lasts ages and is very reasonably priced at £5.50 from ASOS*!



The food...

I don't normally include food on these lists but I feel like i've had some incredible meals this month and I have found quite a few new faves! First, I want to talk about somewhere I ate out at recently! I finally went to Northern Soul Grilled Cheese in Manchester (near the Arndale) and I am so glad that I did! I had the simplest grilled cheese that they do and it was still the best grilled cheese I have ever had! It's also pretty affordable so I will definitely be back there soon!


This month I also discovered more veggie sweets! I have been looking for great gelatine-free sweets (other than percy pigs) and I think I have found my favourites! One sweet I was most hopeful to find was a good veggie peach rings alternative and I have found that Goody Good Stuff summer peaches are the BEST! Honestly, I love everything about them! Their texture is perfect and they taste so good! The cola bottles from Free From Fellows are also so so yummy! I have never liked cola bottles but I love these!


The reading...

This month I have rekindled my love for magazines! In particular, I am absolutely in love with Womankind magazine! The range of topics they cover is so good, I love to have a lot of variety in what I am reading so this magazine is such a breath of fresh air! Their website is also definitely worth a visit, it's full of great and interesting content!


I have also begun to collect Do/ books. They cover a wide variety of topics and they are so well layed out and visually striking! They are quick and easy reads but contain so much insight and wisdom! The fact that they are written by a variety of authors is also super appealing because they have introduced me to new influential people and I love that! The Do company also run talks and lectures and have a massive range of topics covered so there is definitely something for everyone! If you like TED talks then definitely check these out!


The miscellaneous...

Another month, another favourite podcast! Get It On with Dawn O'Porter is a witty and interesting podcast about fashion with some fab guest interviews, including Dermot O'Leary, Chris O'Dowd and Dawn French! It is such a joy to listen to!


My boyfriend took me to see The Greatest Showman in January and I completely fell in love with the soundtrack! The film is stunning BUT the soundtrack is the real selling point! It is so beautiful and fun to sing along to! Even if you don't see the film, give the soundtrack a listen to on Spotify! Trust me!


In January, Fall Out Boy released their latest album, Mania! I have listened to it more than anything else this month, even though it wasn't released until the 19th. It just gets me so ready to tackle the day! It's mostly upbeat which is why I listen to it whilst walking to uni every morning or doing my work! Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea is my new fave song!

Other albums I have been listening to this month include:
  • Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa
  • The Family Jewels - Marina and the Diamonds
  • Controversy - Prince
  • Ruins - First Aid Kit
  • Stoney - Post Malone
  • The Pale Emperor - Marilyn Manson
  • Ride The Lightning - Metallica


Finally, this month I have totally rekindled my love of writing! I have loved posting to this blog and putting my own content out there! I feel so proud of everything I have put up on this lil internet space and I am so thankful for the friendships this has led me to make and for the feedback I have recieved from you all! Writing has become so therapeutic for me and my counsellor has even given me a space of time in which to not visit her to see how I get on! Writing has honestly done more for my mental health than any therapy (although my meds are also so helpful and are probably the reason I am able to pluck up the courage to put myself across on this platform)!


I think that's everything I wanted to mention! As always, thanks for reading! I am hoping to get back on track with queueing up posts after having a little rest after exams! Thanks for your patience and lovely support lately! x


* I get a lil bit of pocket money if you click on this link. It isn't a lot but it will help me out greatly!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just discovered your blog and really love it! I’m in my final year at uni so can relate to a lot of your content
    The naked 3 palette is soooo nice! Don’t think it’s hyped enough! Also really want to try stuff from the ordinary! Xx

    the curiousginger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me @jessistryingblog